Time out


After a morning of planning a children's event in Airdrie, and spending lunch with some teenagers in Uddingston, I had some time before my next meeting in Hamilton - I took some time out and visited my Grandparents grave in Halfway. 

Although my grandparents are buried there I have never thought of it as their grave, in the family it has always been described as Myra's grave. Myra was my Dad's sister, she died when she was 3 years old. She would have been my Aunt and so much else to so many people. 

My Gran died before I was a Mum, and it wasn't till my children were born that I fully realised the enormity of the loss she would have experienced with the death of Myra. I never chatted to her about this loss, although she talked about Myra often, and so I visit the grave occasionally - to remind myself of Myra, who very few now remember. In some strange way this simple act keeps the promise I made to my Gran after she died, to not forget her "wee Myra".


Comments