With sympathy...

Last Saturday evening my father-in-law passed away. Although he had been ill for a long time his death still seemed sudden. John was Alan's Dad and my children's grandpa. We will all miss him in very different ways. His passing has brought many thoughts and experiences but what has struck me most forcibly is the importance of every message of concern that has come to us from friends and family. Every text, email, card, bunch of flowers (and a very much appreciated chocolate cake) has mattered.

In the past when I have written cards to other people who are grieving I have often wondered what the point was, how could my few feeble words be of any use at a time of such pain and loss?

Last week we discovered that these words do make a difference and were a simple reminder to us that people were thinking and praying for us. Thank you.

Jen

Comments