Memories

Last night we watched DVD's of Andrew and Fiona when they were very young. This footage had previously been on VHS tapes, we are so grateful to our kind friend who converted them onto DVD. It had been such a long time since we had watched these beautiful memories.

It's made me think of some of the contrasts between adults and children...

Children bathe and splash, adults need a quick shower.
Children play, adults discuss politics
Children laugh loudly, adults smile
Children touch and hug, adults fold their arms
Children ask questions, adults try and get the right answer
Children go with the flow, adults try and direct it
Children tell it as it is, adults stay quiet

I'm not saying children get it all right. The number of stern shouts of "Andrew!" from me on the DVD, and the dissapointed sound of "Oh Fiona", prove that theory wrong, but there is so much that we need to claim back from childhood as adults.

Want to give it a try - laughing, enjoying, appreciating? I'm going to!

Jen

Comments

  1. O, dear, you are right! I do appreciate your list of constrasts between adults and children, and I'll do my best not to fold my arms too many times! I also love to hear laughter from children... Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment