Gear Up


It's taken me ages to write my first 2010 blog. I'm not really sure what has held me back.

I think New Year has always contained a strange mixture of emotions for me, and maybe for us all.

There's excitement - I still remember vividly my childhood pleasure of having my school bag packed neatly for the new term. I didn't actually want to go to school but I liked the feeling of being ready! There is also the sense of loss of all that was Christmas, as we tidy up the decorations and switched off the lights.

You also have to face things that have to be dealt with, like getting ready for GEAR UP, the youth ministry conference on February 6th. Why does February seem so far away in December but is right next to January!

It was really good to meet today at Jackson Church in Airdrie where GEAR UP is being held. Kenny, Jonny, Kay and myself were putting the final touches to the event.

I was reminded why we are holding this conference. It's not just about giving people information, or skills, to take back to their churches. It's also about creating a space where we can inspire and learn from each other as we grow God's Kingdom in Lanarkshire, the part of Christmas that doesn't get packed away. That's exciting...and we're having bacon rolls at the start of the conference!

Jen

Comments